Thursday, September 20, 2012

So, we begin. First Day of School 2012


 Micah-man is officially a Kindergartner!  I struggled for a long while with whether to choose a curriculum for this year or make something myself.  In the end (and after talking my thoughts out with a sister-in-law), I decided to try out My Father's World.  We will also supplement with lots of other things.  We will have calendar time, a daily learning notebook, and anything else I find along the way that sounds like something we might enjoy.  Micah is already plugging right along and has matured a lot over the summer.  I can already see that we are going to learn lots about each other this year. ;)
  My hope and prayer is that we keep the learning fun, and that he discovers a love of learning.  I pray that he learns lots about the One who created him and draws closer to Him each day.  I pray he seeks to love and nurture his sister instead of just bossing them. :)





  Heidi will be along for the ride this year as she insists upon school any time Micah and I sit down. ;)  We will be having lots of fun as we explore coloring, cutting, and gluing and learning shapes, numbers, and letters. We will use things I have used in the past with Micah.  I get LOTS of great resources from Confessions of a Homeschooler, 1+1+1=1, and Homeschool Creations.  That is just a few of the places I am constantly reading and getting ideas.  They are awesome ladies who are making these things for their own kiddos and sharing it with us gals trying to figure it all out. :)
  For Heidi, I pray that she continues to be a sweet, gentle little lady that loves her big brother and nurtures her little sister.  I pray that she continues to love Jesus and desires to learn more about him.  (She is so excited to be in Cubbies this year in AWANAS!)



This little bear will make sure we are getting it all done while being quiet during nap time and entertaining her when she's awake.  It it going to be lots of fun!  :)  I pray that Eisley begins to learn a little bit of patience as Mommy focuses on more than just her. ;)  I also pray she keeps her playful disposition and finds fun throughout this whole new part of life.

No comments: